PPP PROJECT SUPPORT LEADER GULMIRA ABENOVA AND SZP PARTNER DMITRIY CHUMAKOV ARE GOING TO APPEAR AT THE INTERNATIONAL FORUM PPP AND ESG FACTORS IN INVESTMENT DECISION-MAKING
The first of a kind forum on PPP and ESG factors in investment decisions took place in Nur-Sultan. The forum has brought together over 500 participants from all over the world, including potential investors and acting private partners involved in PPP projects, representatives of international organisations and national/local government authorities, as well as PPP experts and professional consultants.
SZP leader of PPP projects support practice Gulmira Abenova and SZP Partner Dmitriy Chumakov took an active part in the event. Gulmira moderated the “PPP Disputes: Litigation vs Arbitration” session where she also delivered a presentation.
The aforementioned session focused on the following topics:
· key trends in the resolution of disputes in Kazakhstan, including the involvement of government in arbitration;
· settlement of civil and commercial disputes in the AIFC Arbitration Centre and AIFC Court;
· arbitration in the Kazakhstan PPP sector, including referral to foreign arbitration;
· risks of arbitration clause and/or foreign law application to PPP contracts;
· international best practices in the application of arbitration agreements and foreign governing law; and
· PPP-related case law in Russia and Kazakhstan.