Bankruptcy and Rehabilitation
Bankruptcy and Rehabilitation
Sayat Zholshy & Partners has broad experience in providing support for the restructuring and rehabilitation of businesses in Kazakhstan.
Recently, our lawyers and attorneys-at-law were engaged on a number of projects for rehabilitation and bankruptcy of unique enterprises operating in retail trade, power, film distribution, construction, subsoil use and other key sectors of economy.
SZP also represented creditors in connection with forced liquidation of a bank.
We offer comprehensive legal support through rehabilitation and bankruptcy proceedings for both sides – the debtor and the creditors.
Arguably, the Kazakhstan rehabilitation and bankruptcy law is the most intricate in the country. However, our enormous enforcement practice accumulated during 20 years allows for expedient solution of Clients’ problems.
Over the last few years Sayat Zholshy & Partners has been invariably recommended as a leader in Kazakhstan litigation practice, including rehabilitation and bankruptcy proceedings, by such global legal guides as Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific and asialaw Profiles.
In recent years, Senior Partner Vitaliy Vodolazkin, the leader of SZP Rehabilitation and Bankruptcy practice, has been annually recommended by Chambers, The Legal 500 and asialaw Profiles as a leading Kazakhstan lawyer.
The global guides recommended Vitaliy Vodolazkin as an acknowledged Kazakhstan specialist in resolution of disputes, including rehabilitation and bankruptcy.
- Drafting and filing a bankruptcy/rehabilitation petition against a debtor
- Representing debtors/creditors in rehabilitation and/or bankruptcy proceedings
- Attending hearings in courts of all jurisdictions
- Attending creditors’ meetings/committees
- Appealing against actions of failure to act on the part of a rehabilitation/bankruptcy manager
- Appealing against actions of creditors’ meetings/committees
- Providing transaction support for sale and purchase of assets in bankruptcy or under rehabilitation
- Rendering legal advice on general issues arising from rehabilitation or bankruptcy
- Representing clients in criminal bankruptcy proceedings
- Representing bank depositors and customers in forced liquidation proceedings
- Representation of a debtor in connection with the bankruptcy of a major power distribution company operating in South Kazakhstan
- Representation of a debtor in connection with the rehabilitation of a major cinema chain where the creditor’s bank was actively involved in the rehabilitation proceedings
- Representation of a creditor (US transnational telecom operator) in connection with the initiation of bankruptcy proceedings against a major Kazakhstan bioethanol producer
- Representation of a creditor in rehabilitation proceedings enforced against a subsoil user holding the right to produce oil
- Representation of a creditor in rehabilitation proceedings enforced against a large construction company
- Representation of a major oil service company in connection with the bankruptcy of a subsoil user
- Representation of a Russian transportation company in connection with the forced liquidation of a bank
- Representation of food producers in connection with bankruptcy proceedings against a leading retail network