Transport and Telecom
In the process engineering sector our services comprise legal due diligence, representation in court proceedings with tax authorities at all levels, and consultation of Clients regarding taxation of nonresident transportation companies.
In the mass media sector we help leading broadcasting stations and media holdings to solve various legal problems. Disputes related to copyright infringement are common in this sector.
We represent leading automobile production, logistics transportation and railway transportation companies and we assist them with various economic issues. Besides, we help them to acquire and establish joint ventures. Another reason of our success in the transportation sector is our knowledge of customs regulations.
- Conducting legal due diligence of a company owning the optical carriers recognised as strategic facilities of Kazakhstan
- Representing one of the biggest international telecommunications companies in connection with its counteragent’s bankruptcy
- Representing the largest Kazakhstan telecommunications company in Kazakhstan courts of all jurisdictions in connection with an appeal against unlawful assessment of additional taxes and other obligatory payments to the budget by tax authorities
- Issuing a legal opinion on the rightfulness of claims of the Kazakhstan Agency for Protection of Competition regarding the abuse of a dominant position through the impairment of customers’ legitimate rights as a result of roaming service disconnection of advance/credit system subscribers when their balances are below the roaming threshold set by the mobile operator
- Advising a Client in connection with the assignment and transfer of a dealership network of a leading manufacturer of hoisting and conveying equipment. Conducting legal due diligence of the company from the perspective of various jurisdictions
- Challenging in court the nonfeasance of tax authorities expressed in the failure to produce a notification on the findings of tax audit of a large railway operator
- Advising and issuing a legal opinion with regard to taxation of the sale and purchase of a major Kazakhstan transportation holding
- Advising a Client on the taxation of Kazakhstan-sourced income of a nonresident company received from a resident company providing logistics and transportation services
- Advising a Russian transportation company on the taxation of revenues from international transportation services (including transportation through Kazakhstan) and related activities
- Obtaining merger consent. Drafting an application and obtaining consent from the antitrust authority to a transaction for the purchase of shares in a foreign company acting as a sole participant of a large Kazakhstan transportation holding company owning a substantial railway wagon pool
- Drafting an application and obtaining merger consent from the antitrust authority to the acquisition of a leading Kazakhstan transportation company
- Plotting a diagram of the provider-operator interaction on the Kazakhstan market of telecom services
- Advising a major Kazakhstan broadcasting company with regard to infringement of copyrights
- Setting up a subsidiary of a leading Kazakhstan international automobile producer