“Known for its integrated IP and dispute resolution practice,” - asialaw Profiles
«Sayat Zholshy & Partners is recommended for its 'IP litigation and anti-counterfeiting practice', and 'advises a number of telecoms companies on various matters",– The Legal 500
Our professionals have extensive experience in handling intellectual property matters and providing services to a great number of national and international companies. Sayat Zholshy & Partners has a unique combination of patent lawyers and attorneys enabling us to effectively defend IP interests of our Clients in front of various government authorities (e.g. justice, economic investigation, antitrust and other authorities) and courts.
Amir Begdesenov, a leader of our IP practice, is a member of the Scientific and Technical Council for Improvement of Kazakhstan Intellectual Property Law formed by the Almaty City Branch of the Kazakhstan Scientific Research Institute of Intellectual Property, and a member of the Kazakhstan Patent Attorneys Association.
Besides, Amir is a member of the Council for Protection of Competition of the Kazakhstan National Chamber of Entrepreneurs.
- Registration of intellectual property rights, including support at all stages of documentation processing (e.g. filing applications, maintaining patents, challenging refusals to register, etc.)
- Legal advice on various issues arising from the use, security and protection of intellectual property rights (trademarks, copyrights and neighbouring/related rights)
- Legal audit of intellectual property assets
- Registration of intellectual property assets with the Customs Intellectual Property Registry for the sake of import transactions monitoring
- Drafting of agreements (e.g. license, copyright and franchise agreements) and registration thereof with competent authorities; transaction structuring
- Legal representation of clients in connection with the protection of intellectual property rights
- Representing a Client in criminal proceedings on infringement of copyrights of a Kazakhstan jewellery manufacturer
- Representing a major Kazakhstan producer of beer and non-alcoholic beverages in litigation over the exclusive rights to use trademarks
- Representing a subsidiary of the world’s largest dairy company in a number of disputes over the exclusive rights to use trademarks, including support through justice and financial investigations/audits and legal representation
- Representing an international online hotel and air booking service provider in Kazakhstan civil proceedings in connection with an infringement of exclusive rights
- Advising a leading European truck manufacturer on the amendment of a license/dealership agreement with a Kazakhstan dealer for the purpose of finding a compromise between the effects of IP law and the effects of antitrust law
- Advising a major Kazakhstan television and radio broadcasting company on copyright infringement issues
- Working with a Kazakhstan producing leader on business arrangements with SuperStar.kz winners
- Developing patterns of communication between service providers and operators on the Kazakhstan telecommunications market
- Drafting agreements on assignment of foreign investors’ copyrights to a group of Kazakhstan companies
- Drafting and registering license and assignment agreements and trademarks; obtaining and maintaining provisional patents for numerous companies operating in pharmaceutical, transportation, non-alcoholic beverages production and other sectors of economy
- Compiling documentation package for the registration of intellectual property assets to be contributed to the authorised capital of joint ventures
- Advising, on a regular basis, the Kazakhstan representative office of a world-wide renowned manufacturer of cleaning and washing agents
- Performing, on a regular basis, legal due diligence of various companies with regard to numerous matters, including intellectual property compliance
"Sayat Zholshy & Partners combines IP experience with knowledge of antitrust law and experience of both arbitration and litigation. In addition, its team has a long history of acting as local counsel for international law firms. Practice head Amir Begdesenov handles trade mark registrations and IP-related disputes for clients in sectors such as tobacco, healthcare, TMT and power"
«Sayat Zholshy & Partners is recommended for its IP litigation and anti-counterfeiting practice, and advises a number of telecoms companies on various matters».