Before our Firm launched the Family Law practice, Kazakhstan had not had a single law firm which would specialise in this area of law and be capable of providing VIP clients with adequate quality services. Back then, law firms were dealing with family matters to the best of their knowledge and abilities, having no way of using a multifaceted approach and engaging a whole team of professional lawyers skilled in communicating and coping not only with courts but also with specialists and allied practitioners (e.g. psychologists, experts, appraisers, etc.). We were the first to apply such approach and, since then, we have been a leading service provider in this market sector. Over the years, we have succeeded in advising and supporting our clients (including a number of VIPs) with regard to such issues as international marriage; distribution of marital property; determination of the place of residence for underage children, the procedure for their communication with a separated parent and the procedure for their upbringing and support; and, of course, divorce. Conducting cases under public scrutiny and dealing with mass media require specific knowledge, skills and expertise. Confidentiality is our top priority.
The modern society has long treated divorce with the same reverence and thoroughness as it has treated marriage. So goes the world. Some people are faced with a situation when their marriage, in which they wholeheartedly believed and into which they put their hearts, starts to fall apart.
A rift in relations and emotional reaction thereto might be caused by a large number of reasons which vary immensely depending on a particular situation. When a struggle is at its height, it is very important to gain a footing and to work out the right strategies either to save the relationship or to end it the right way on the most favourable conditions for oneself and children, if any.
In each particular case the SZP team tries to provide our Clients with such footing and support. Remember that there is life after divorce! If you wish to see your life after divorce more comfortable and propitious, you should gird for fight even more thoroughly than you prepare for marriage. It is not an easy task! But we are ready to help you.
- Rendering legal support to Kazakhstan citizens and foreigners entering into marriage
- Preparing a divorce-oriented client to a tedious and stressful process of divorce, both from psychological and strategy perspectives
- Providing comprehensive legal support through the entire divorce process, both in court and civil registration authorities
- Drafting marriage contracts and providing relevant legal support
- Representing and supporting clients in connection with marital property settlements
- Advising on the issues related to child maintenance (alimony)
- Establishing the place of residence for underage children, the procedure for their communication with a separated parent and the procedure for their upbringing and support
- Advising on child adoption-related issues
- Children adoption
- Representing clients in custody and guardianship authorities with regard to child-rearing issues
- Representing VIP clients in civil actions connected with divorce or division of property which grab or may grab headlines and public scrutiny
- Helping clients to reach agreements about parenting arrangements
- Providing legal support in cases when custody is awarded to one parent
- Providing inheritance and estate administration legal services
- Providing support through divorce process and ensuring marriage contract invalidation
Providing legal support during the course of private proceedings between spouses dividing their property and claiming support for their children (alimony)
Representing a client in divorce action initiated by his spouse for appropriation of their marital property
Providing support through the process of determination of the place of residence for underage children with their father
Representing a VIP client in civil actions connected with divorce and division of marital property which grabbed mass media and public scrutiny
Negotiating with a client’s separated spouse who deprived her of the right to communicate with their children following the parents’ separation
Representing a foreign client in connection with the enforcement of his right to communicate with his Kazakhstan-resident child outside the Republic of Kazakhstan
Drafting a number of marriage contracts between Kazakhstan citizens and foreigners, and providing relevant legal support thereto
Drafting an agreement on division of marital property in the course of divorce process
Providing support through divorce process between a foreign man and a Kazakhstan woman
Assisting a client in reacting to the behaviour of his spouse threatening his health and life in retaliation for impending divorce
Providing support through child adoption process
Providing legal support in connection with the appointment of a guardian/custodian
Representing a VIP client in an inheritance dispute