"Responsive" and "understanding the legislative drafting process very well", with the services and results being "extremely good", - asialaw Profiles
We were involved in the drafting of dozens of fundamental laws, including those which were drafted on assignments from the World Bank and European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
Over many years of legal practice in various areas of law we got convinced that we would never excel above our peers if we did not take part in the improvement of the national legal framework. Kazakhstan is a relatively young state where the regulatory framework is still in the process of formation and on-going improvement. Our clients, no less than ourselves, feel the urge for development of new regulations. In some cases it is dictated by the need to implement new investment projects, and in other cases by the purposeful promotion of legislative reforms aimed at harmonization of Kazakhstan law with generally accepted international standards.
The World Bank Group and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development – who actively promote reforms in the Republic of Kazakhstan – hold a special place among our Clients. SZP Partner Arman Berdalin is a member of the Interdepartmental Commission for Legislative Drafting of the Kazakhstan Government. This way we ensure our participation in all meetings of this principal advisory/consultative body devoted to lawmaking issues.
The point is that the activity associated with the development of new legislative acts and support through their adoption process is very specific and, therefore, requires lawyers who are narrowly focused on certain aspects of law, rather than ordinary lawyers. Lawmaking requires particular forms of knowledge, practice and mentality. We enjoyed the privilege of being engaged on enormous number of important legislative and regulatory drafting projects in various areas of concern.
All projects were entirely different in nature. We participated in the drafting of 29 laws and over 150 regulations of the Government and ministries, in total.
- Participating in task forces responsible for the drafting of new regulatory legal acts
- Reviewing a pending regulatory legal act
- Elaborating comparison charts meant to highlight differences between current legal acts and proposed drafts
Kazakhstan laws drafted with the involvement of SZP team:
- Kazakhstan Law On Advocacy and Legal Assistance (2018)
- Draft Kazakhstan Law On Amendment of Certain Legislative Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan Concerning Corporate Governance
- Kazakhstan Law On Amendment of Certain Legislative Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan Concerning the Transition to a Green Economy of 28 April 2016
- Kazakhstan Law On Permits and Notices of 16 May 2014
- Kazakhstan Law On Amendment of Certain Legislative Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan Concerning Forestry, Wildlife and Conservation Areas No. 548-IV of 25 January 2012
- Kazakhstan Law On Amendment of Certain Legislative Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan Concerning Corporate Dispute Resolution No. 58-IV of 5 July 2008
- Kazakhstan Law On Licensing No. 214-III of 11 January 2007
- Kazakhstan Law On Public Procurement No. 303-III of 21 July 2007
- Kazakhstan Law On Food Safety No. 301-III of 21 July 2007
- Kazakhstan Law On Amendment of Certain Legislative Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan Concerning the Development of Cotton Industry No. 299-III of 21 July 2007
- Kazakhstan Law On the Development of Cotton Industry No. 298-III of 21 July 2007
- Kazakhstan Law On Private Enterprise No. 124-III of 31 January 2006
- Kazakhstan Law On Amendment of Certain Legislative Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan Concerning Delineation of Powers Among the State Administration Levels No. 116-III of 10 January 2006
- Kazakhstan Law On Government Regulation of Agribusiness and Rural Areas Development No. 66-III of 8 July 2005
- Kazakhstan Law On Ratification of the Letter of Intent between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development Concerning the Grant for Preparation of the Second Stage of the Post-privatization Agricultural Industry Support Project No. 559-II of 9 June 2004
- Kazakhstan Law On Compulsory Insurance in the Plant Industry No. 533-II of 10 March 2004
- Kazakhstan Law On Amendment of Certain Legislative Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan Concerning Financial Leasing No. 532-II of 10 March 2004
- Kazakhstan Law On Amendment of the Kazakhstan Law Concerning Grain No. 488-II of 13 October 2003